Saturday, September 13, 2008

Weathered in at Rolla ND.....

The weather briefer this morning said I had 1800 and 10 miles....From the ground it did not look that good....but as pilots, you know that you can always count to the weather guys....

So I did what any good pilot would do.....go up and stick your nose in it to find out what it really was.The ceiling was 300 AGL... The system is suppose to move thru today and be nice for several days.
I have met some of the nicest guys here. Gordan [Gordy] Krech owns Rolla Flying Service. He insisted that I use his wife's car while I was here......Pilots are a very tight group..Thanks Gordy.

One of Gordy's pilots is a neat young guy, Jay Blessum, this is his first year to fly crop dusters.

I spent the entire morning asking them dumb questions about crop dusting....It is amazing what you don't know until you start asking questions....

With all this new found knowledge I think I will start me up a crop dusting business when I get back to Rogers,AR.......If I can get someone to start farming so I would have some crops to dust.

Jay told me about a breakfast fly-in tomorrow at Bottineau ND [Do9]....it is just west of where I am now. I think that will be my first stop tomorrow......I hope they are offering a prize for the pilot that came the greatest distance..

I would also like to stop at the International Peace Garden [S28] it just outside of Rolla. It is on the Canada/ND line.

Domenick, from the Cherokee Chat has sent me SOME very good directions on where to cross the mountains.....the mountain crossing will be a first for me.....THANKS DOMENICK

I have no cell phone coverage in this area of the country, so I e-mailed my wife Tannis and told her she should start shopping for a new husband.......I think I could do what I am doing for the rest of my life..........living a dream......airport bumming around the U.S.

A check ride ought to be like a skirt.
Short enough to be interesting, but long enough to cover everything.

No comments: