Thursday, September 11, 2008

SOME FACTS ABOUT HIBBING, MINNESOTA


First the important stuff.....


The FBO here is the friendliest I have met in my travels. I will get his name tomorrow and post it on my blog.



Aboot [about] see I am starting to type the way they talk up here.



There are more bars in this small town then all of NW AR.



My friend, Russell House, told me that if I stayed in this part of the country very long that I was going to have to learn to drink like a real man.



Well, I knew I wasn't going to fly today so last night I went past my 1 Margaretta limit and had 2. The second one was so good I celebrated and had a third.....I think I crawled back to my room.




FIRST PICTURE IS OF THE HULL RUST MINE, THE LARGEST IN THE UNITED STATE. I TOLD THE GUY AN THE LITTLE TOURIST OFFICE,"THAT SURE IS A BIG HOLE". HE SAID THEY HAVE BEEN DIGGING THE HOLE FOR OVER 120 YEARS.





Second picture is of the original town of Hibbing. The streets are there,sidewalk,concrete foundations, curb...they moved the entire town because it was to close to the mine for blasting..
I am going to stay in ND tomorrow night.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi RB - Thanks for blogging! This would be a dream for me too!!! Have a wonderful adventure and safe skies. I saw your blog posted on AOPA. Awesome stuff.

Terry M

Anonymous said...

Hey its good to see you Have been following along. Curt Deb Conard