Monday, September 8, 2008

IOWA CITY IOWA

If you have to be weathered in , there is no better place than Iowa City,Iowa.

Mary and Jay Honech own/run the Alexis Park Inn. The inn is a stones throw from the airport and they keep a very nice van an the airport for pilots.

Note the background of the picture, that is just a taste of the decor here, every room has an aviation theme. I am in the Blackbird Suite [SR-71].

They also have a flight simulator you can fly and a library of over 150 aviation books.

Jay was telling me that on his web site you can watch all kinds of aviation movies.....check out his website, it is under my sponsors links.

This is PILOT HEAVEN......

As for the flight from Warsaw to Iowa City yesterday....after the fog in Warsaw burned off the ceiling was 1800 ft. with 10 miles visibility.....smooth and silk. About 50 miles north if Warsaw it became 3000 scattered.

I stopped at Kirksville Mo. I think I will plan on stopping about every 100 miles....it is very tempting to put down at ever airport I come to but I would be forever making my circle if I did that.

As for the questions concerning 46R and how she is running.....well the alternate is alternating, all 3 of the little gauges on the right side of the panel that have the green & red color, the little white things in the gauges are pointing to the green...I think that is a good thing??

The fan up front is blowing and keeping me nice and cool.

I could not get the wheels up yesterday so I just flew with them down.

This has nothing to do with flying , I saw this on a tee shirt today.

"IF I AM TALKING, YOU NEED TO BE TAKING NOTES"

1 comment:

Kim said...

Robert, a link to your blog was posted on my internet forum for pilots (www.purpleboard.net) by someone you met in Rogers before you left on your trip. We are looking forward to following you on your journey.

My friend, Diana Richards, has stayed with Honeck's in Iowa City several times and thinks the world of them and their hotel. I can't wait until I can stay there!

Good luck - fly safe - we'll be watching you.

Kim Marie Pardon