Thursday, September 11, 2008

PILOT STUFF

A month ago I didn't know what a BLOG was....Now I am a BLOGGER.

This is Joe Holloway,working real hard to show me how to do all this stuff.

I met Joe at our local library, I was sitting there reading a flying magazine with one of my tee shirts with N6446R on the front. [I am vain, I just about won't wear it if it doesn't make a flying statement]

He said he would like to fly in a small plane..I took him flying, found him and instructor and he is hooked.

BTY....the 150 that crashed at Lost Bridge AR............guess who was flying it???? Sorry I can not answer that question, JOE might get mad at me.....


I am averaging 6.6 gallons per hr

Have logged 11.2



Today is my second day to be weather in.



Someone ask what kind of equipment I have in 46R. She is pretty well original. Just the basic stuff. I do have the 496 with weather.



No auto-pilot....I talked to a pilot at MTW who could not believe that I would fly this kind of a trip without an auto-pilot. I informed him that I wanted to log all my time and if I flew with an auto-pilot I could only log 1/2 of the time flown........



I left him with a very confused look.



My pilot side seat is in bad need of being rebuilt, as a result the right side of my butt suffers after an hour or so of flying. To fix the problem I am doing most of my flying from the right side.......In case some of you young pilots did not know it, that is why u have 2 yokes...for when your butt gets sore.



I should have ordered all the sectionals I needed before I left on my trip. I thought I would just pick them up on the way...not a good idea....



Will also go buy me an Altas map today, easier to see the big picture for flight planning.



I am finding that most airports have wifi......my how life has changed. You get out of your plane and the what do you say?? Do you have fuel?? NO,you say," do you have wifi".



This lap top stuff is all new to me....I am using Tannis's



Where to from here??? I don't have a clue....



I remember years ago Tannis and I were going to take 7/8 days to go on a flying trip. We loaded the plane and I told her to point in the direction she would like to fly. Bear in mind that Tannis can hardly figure out UP from DOWN [man I hope she isn't reading this section] much less north from south..



So she points north..away we go. Every day she would point. We went to NEB,SD,ND, Wy,Co,OK,AR, MO..........was a wonderful trip.



Just about how I am planning this trip........will head NW tomorrow.

No comments: